Flag Waver Squad

on 11:04 AM

Before continue to my story, I want to apologize about the silly title. Well, that’s because I really don’t know about the English of Paskibra, so I just translate it word by word, and that’s the result. But if you have any idea about the correct English, just tell me okay? Thanks mate, cheers!

This idea came to me several days ago. When my big family came to my house, some of them asked me, “What sport do you like? Is it basket, or soccer, or what?” Well, I usually confused with those kinds of questions. But now, I can answer them with this kind of answer, “Well, I usually do some exercise at Paskibra.”

Well, actually, Paskibra was a new thing for me because my extracurricular activities were never physical activities. When I was on Junior High School, my activities were Teen Red Cross, Science Club, and IT-Community (the last one is the best activities that I ever followed). Even on Senior High School, the first extracurricular activity that I joined was School Magazine.

It was started on March 2010 (or maybe last February 2010). My friends (or maybe my best friends), Bopal and Bobby asked me to follow Paskibra because Paskibra were going to follow a competition. Because of Bopal and Bobby, I joined with them.
The first time I followed their practice I didn’t surprised how hard it was because I felt it when I followed LDKS and LDKI for OSIS candidates. But just like those practice, Paskibra practice made me so tired.

On the first day too I met the seniors and knew them deeper for the first time, but of course not as deep as now. The seniors gave us some briefing about the selection of Paskibra for August 17th Ceremony on National and Province level. Bopal encouraged me to follow the selection. So I just filled the form and signed it. But we still had to concentrate on the competition.

There were two phases of first selection. Fortunately, I got through those phase of selection. But unfortunately, I didn’t get through the last phase of selection. But Bopal got through, so I just support him so he can get to National level.

After selection, we concentrate to our competition. The competition was held on April 25th. We got very hard training because the boy squad wasn’t serious at the practice. But H minus some days, we practiced seriously. But the both teams (boys and girls) weren’t lucky. We didn’t get any champion in that competition.

Well, for me, Paskibra is a very exciting activity. That’s because my friends (both old and new), my seniors, the Paskibra itself, and many things. I hope with this activity, my nationalism will increase than before haha.
Photos of Paskibra Moonzher 2009 and 2010 + FBB members
(thanks for Intan for the photo)

0 comments: